belfrey

1 photo and 5 illustrations tagged belfrey, from 2 members of Flickr Commons.

When were these photos & illustrations taken?

5
1920
2013

 

Where were these photos & illustrations tagged?

16% of these photos & illustrations are geotagged.

Tags that often appear on the same photos & illustrations:

Members using this tag

Photos & Illustrations

Show photos & illustrations photos (1) illustrations (5)

Photos & Illustrations tagged belfrey:

Loading photos & illustrations…

See more on flickr.com →

Recent uploads

The last upload was February 2023.

Conversations

Here’s a selection of the conversations happening on these photos & illustrations:

St. Paul's Church of England in Maryborough and its bell tower, ca.1920

  • Vesna Verencevic said:
    The current building is the third church on this site. The first was a slab structure, built in 1852, and moved to the current site when the early settlers moved to its current Maryborough location. A wooden church replaced the earlier structure and was dedicated on 27/5/1866. The Foundation stone of the current church was laid by Sir Arthur Kennedy in March 1878, with the church opened on 30/8/1879 by Bishop Hale and Bishop Stanton of North Queensland. The Bell Tower was built in 1887. The Church celebrated 130 years of worship on 6/9/2009 with Bishop Jonathan Holland presiding. The Foundation stone of the current church was laid by Sir Arthur Kennedy in March 1878. A plaque on the bell tower records: This Tower with Peal of Nine Bells was erected by the bereaved husband and children to the Honour and Glory of God and in memory of Mrs. Maria Aldridge, Late of Baddow House, Maryborough, a communicant of St Pauls Church. She was one of the earliest wives and mothers residents in the town: a conscientious Christian woman who through life was a peacemaker, ever forgiving, doing good, and helping all who were in trouble, distress, or affliction. Died 17th March 1886, aged 65 years, nearly 37 of which were spent in Maryborough. A plaque records: Heritage Site - This land was donated by Henry Palmer - and Edgar Aldridge for a church - C1856. To replace the first Church of - England then located at Baddow. The site - of the first settlement. This building was - erected in 1879 - The Bell Tower in 1887. Date Opened: 30-08-1879 Source: www.churchesaustralia.org/list-of-churches/locations/quee...